Comments from the book artist: My love of paper and fascination with containers made it almost inevitable that I would discover the book arts. I focus on the book as an art object. The style of binding, the materials, the pages, the shape, the closure--these are all elements of what I consider a functional piece of sculpture. My most recent work is inspired by marine and botanical forms, giving it an organic feel.
Awards received and dates:
- Inventive Structures, Books Beyond the Codex, 2010, Creative Arts Workshop, New Haven, CT. Prizewinner.
- Topeka Competition 30-works in 3-dimensions, 2010, Topeka, KS. Purchase Award.
- One Book, Many Interpretations, Second Edition. Chicago Public Library, 2011. Runner-up, The House on Mango Street binding.
- One Book Many Interpretations. Chicago Public Library 2006. Winner, Oxbow Incident binding.
- Correspondence/Korespondencja, Traveling through Poland, third place, 2011-2014.
Artist's web site: http://www.wavelandstudio.com
This artist creates: Decorated Paper, Paste Papers, Handmade Books, Blank Books, Illustrated Books, Limited Edition Books, Sculptural Artist Books
Audience Types: All ages
Do you encourage visits to your studio or business? Yes
Are you willing to do programs or exhibits for libraries, schools or other groups? Yes
If so, are there fees associated with your program or exhibit? Yes, $500.00 per day for workshops plus travel and hotel costs.
$50.00 per hour for private lessons.
E-mail Address: email@example.com