Book Artists & Craftspeople
The Iowa Book Artists & Craftspeople List was established in 2013. The purpose is:
- For individuals – a source of information about artists and craftspeople living in Iowa who work in the arts of the book.
- For libraries, schools, and other organizations - information about Iowa book artists and craftspeople who accept speaking engagements; commissions; and studio visits.
- For book artists and craftspeople - another way to reach Iowans interested in the arts and technologies of the handmade book.
Criteria for inclusion are:
- Artist/Craftsperson is presently living and working in Iowa.
- Organization/Institution is located in Iowa and serves primarily an Iowa clientele/membership.
- Artists and craftspeople who produce or distribute handmade books (blank books, artists' books, printed limited editions) and/or products that go into the making of handmade books (paper, covering materials like cloth or leather, tools, decorative materials like marbled or paste papers) or who design or illustrate books.
- Organizations and institutions that support the work of book artists & craftspeople (consortia, museums, educational programs).
We do not include:
- Commercial hobby and crafts stores unless they offer substantial stocks of materials handmade by Iowa book artists and craftspeople.
The Iowa Center for the Book lists book artists and craftspeople on this site for informational purposes only; listing does not imply any endorsement of the work or products described here.
Browse the information about Iowa book artists & craftspeople who do programs.
Are you an Iowa book artist, craftsperson, or organization? Add yourself to the Iowa Center for the Book List of Book Artists & Craftspeople. To make corrections or additions to your entry, send an e-mail to Coordinator of the Iowa Center for the Book with the new information.
If you would like to suggest a book artist, craftsperson, or organization, please contact the Coordinator of the Iowa Center for the Book. Please include contact information.