Iowa early teens in grades 6-9 are encouraged to participate in the Iowa Teen Award program. Participating students read books from an annual list of books and vote for their favorite title.
To be eligible for the Iowa Teen Award, books must (be):
- Published for young adults within the last three years
- Fiction or Nonfiction
- Represent a wide range of subjects and reading levels
- Represent fifteen different authors
- Represent different genres to as great an extent as is practical
- Appeal to readers of both genders and to the range of readers in grades 6-9
Teen Award Winners
See the Iowa Book Awards on the IASL Website for more information.