The Purpose of Iowa High School Book Award is:
- To provide students in Grades 9-12 with a diversified, quality reading list.
- To promote leisure reading among students in Grades 9-12.
To be eligible for the Iowa High School Book Award, books must (be):
- Published within the last three years
- Fiction or Nonfiction
- Represent a wide range of subjects and reading levels
- Represent different genres to as great an extent as is practical
- Appeal to readers of both genders and to the range of readers in grades 9-12. Books published as YA or Adult will be considered
- One selection per year, per author
- To avoid series monopoly, only the first book in a series will be considered (i.e. The Twilight Saga by Meyer, only "Twilight" was included)
- Effort will be made to include an Iowa author when feasible
Iowa High School Book Award Winners
For more information IASL awards, visit the IASL Website.