Schense, Deb M.
Pen Name: Deb Schense
Comments from the author about writing: I started out by self-publishing a book on Eastern Iowa's Historic Barns and Other Farm Structures Including the Amana Colonies. I sold a copy to my accountant and little did I know that she worked for a publishing company. The owner called me and asked if I would like to work on another barn book project. I was very happy to receive the project for putting together Barns Around Iowa: A Sampling of Iowa's Round Barns. One project led to another and I've been working there part time ever since. You never know where your dreams might take you until you try.
Literary awards received and date received:
- Midwest Independent Publishers Association finalist award 2009, for Slovak Recipes, a book I help to put together and edited.
- Midwest Independent Publishers Association finalist award for License to Cook Missouri Style in 2008.
Book Types: Nonfiction
Audience Types: Young Adult, Adult
Genre: History, Cookery
Are you willing to do programs for schools, libraries, or other groups? Yes
If you are willing to do programs, will you charge a fee? If local, no fees but if extended travel is required, I'd like to be reimbursed for mileage.
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Author's Web site: http://www.penfieldbooks.com/category.php?category=12
Books By This Author
- Eastern Iowa's Historic Barns and Other Farm Structures: Including the Amana Colonies (Color version), www.lulu.com/content/452385, online, Feb. 2007.
- Eastern Iowa's Historic Barns and Other Farm Structures: Including the Amana Colonies (B/W version), www.lulu.com/content/430330, online, Feb. 2007.
- Barns Around Iowa: A Sampling of Iowa's Round Barns, Penfield Books, Iowa City, Iowa, 2008.