Comments from the author about writing: I strive to share my passion for the natural world and to translate scientific information for lay audiences. Most of my books have focused on understanding and restoring nature and natural processes in the Midwest.
Book Types: Nonfiction
Audience Types: Adult
Genre: History, Environment, Natural history, Restoration ecology
Are you willing to do programs for schools, libraries, or other groups? Yes
If you are willing to do programs, will you charge a fee? Yes
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview with Connie Mutel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wInEzvZR9lw&feature=youtu.be
Books By This Author
- A Watershed Year: Anatomy of the Iowa Floods of 2008, (editor) University of Iowa Press, Iowa City, IA, 2010.
- The Emerald Horizon: An Ecological History of Iowa, University of Iowa Press, Iowa City, IA, 2008.
- The Tallgrass Restoration Handbook for Prairies, Savannas, and Woodlands, (editor with Stephen Packard), Island Press, Washington D.C. and Covello, CA, 2005, 1997.
- Flowing Through Time: The History of the Iowa Institute of Hydraulic Research, IIHR-Hydroscience & Engineering, Iowa City, Iowa, 1998.
- Land of the Fragile Giants: Landscapes, Environments, and Peoples of the Loess Hills,(editor with Mary Swander), University of Iowa Press, Iowa City, IA, 1994.
- From Grassland to Glacier: The Natural History of Colorado and the Surrounding Region (with John Emerick), second edition, Johnson Publishing Company, Boulder, CO, 1992.
- Hans Albert Einstein: Reminiscences of His Life and Our Life Together (editor for E.R. Einstein, author), IIHR-Hydroscience & Engineering, Iowa City, IA, 1991.
- Our Endangered Planet: Tropical Rain Forests (with Mary Rodgers), Lerner Publications, Minneapolis, MN, 1991.
- Fragile Giants: A Natural History of the Loess Hills, University of Iowa Press, Iowa City, IA, 1989.
- Medical Practice in Rural Communities, (with Kelley Donham), Springer-Verlag, NY, 1983.
- From Grassland to Glacier, A Natural History of
Boulder County, Colorado, Johnson Publishing Co, Boulder, CO, 1977.