Comments from the author about writing: I write nonfiction, much of it about my experiences with spiritual and psychological healing. My writing reflects my belief that the personal and the practical, the numinous and the ordinary are all blended together in our lives and can’t be separated from one another without some part of the truth being lost. My memoir, The Rooms of Heaven, is set in Iowa City. I have a blog called Harnessing Time, about how I’ve learned to make peace with time in this era of too much rushing and being overly busy, and I’m working on a book on the same subject.
Literary awards received and date received:
- National Endowment for the Arts creative writing fellowship in 2002
- Paul Engle/James Michener Fellowship in 1995
- Honorable Mention in the Society of Midland Authors Awards for The Rooms of Heaven
Book Types: Nonfiction
Audience Types: Adults
Genre: Literary Memoir, Essays
Are you willing to do programs for schools, libraries, or other groups? Yes
If you are willing to do programs, will you charge a fee? No, but I'm grateful for any honoraria offered for my appearances.
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Author's Web site: www.harnessing-time.blogspot.com
Books By This Author
- The Rooms of Heaven, Vintage Books, New York, NY, 2000.
- The Rooms of Heaven, Alfred A. Knopf, New York, NY, 1999.