Comments from the author about writing: Jerry Johnson, novelist, essayist, and short story writer, is the author of seven books and the blog Dispatches from a Northern Town.
His writing includes four collections of non-fiction essays about hunting, dogs, and life in the North Country of the Upper Midwest (Crazy Old Coot, Old Coots Never Forget, Coot Stews, and A Limit of Coot); a murder mystery novel (Hunting Birds), a historical novel (Ivory and Gold), and a children’s novel (Scrawny Dog, Hungry Cat, and Fat Rat). He and his wife, Patti, live on a 50-acre northeast Iowa farm with 130-year-old log house.
“My writing is inspired by a proverb attributed to Australian Aborigines: ‘In the end, the only thing you really own is your story.’ I write in many genres, but most of my stories are about the wonders of the disappearing wild places in the world. Maybe I own these stories, but most days I think the stories own me.”
Book Types: Fiction, Nonfiction, Novels, Short Story Collections
Audience Types: Adult
Genre: Essays, Creative Non-Fiction, Fiction, Outdoor Sports
Are you willing to do programs for schools, libraries, or other groups? Yes
If you are willing to do programs, will you charge a fee? Fee negotiable. Appreciate honorarium to cover expenses.
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Author's Web site: http://dispatchesfromanotherntown.com/
All these books are available through my author page on amazon.com: www.amazon.com/-/e/B00MK8CJ5E#
..and through IndieBound: http://www.indiebound.org/
Books By This Author
- Ivory and Gold – A Safari into the Sandhills and Across the Athi Plain, CreatSpace Publishing – Amazon, 2016
- Crazy Old Coot - A Curmudgeon's Stories about Bird Hunting and Life in the North Country. CreateSpace - Amazon, 2014.
- Old Coots Never Forget - More of the Curmudgeon's Stories about Hunting and Life in the North Country, CreateSpace – Amazon, 2015
- Coot Stews - A Curmudgeon's Observations and Grumblings about the Situation in the North Country, CreateSpace – Amazon, 2016
- A Limit of Coot - A Curmudgeon's Final Observations about Life in the North Country, CreateSpace – Amazon, 2017
- Hunting Birds - The Lives and Legends of the Pine County Rod, Gun, Dog and Social Club. CreateSpace Publishing - Amazon, 2011.
- Scrawny Dog, Hungry Cat, and Fat Rat - A Tragedy for Children. CreateSpace Publishing - Amazon, 2013.