Comments from the author about writing:
I write poetry about people, places, ideas, and feelings, aiming simply to tell the truth as I know it, hoping others may feel the ring of familiarity and strangeness that marks authentic experience.
Literary awards received and date received:
- James Hearst Poetry Prize (North American Review) 2005, for Polio Water in 1955"
- Sows Ear Review Poetry Prize, for Bathsheba Bathing 2003
- 2003 Readers Choice Award for book "The Glove of The World"
- Featured Iowa poet, International Poetry Festival, Des Moines, IA, April 2001
- Pippistrelle Best of the Small Press Award for 1998 for book "Rootbound"
- First Prize: Minnesota Voices Project Poetry Competition, 1996 for "Rootbound"
- First Place, South Coast Poetry Review contest, 1993, for These Baptizing Waters
- First Place, Iowa Woman magazine Poetry Competition, for Felix Culpa 1991
Book Types: Poetry Collection
Audience Types: Adult
Are you willing to do programs for schools, libraries, or other groups? Yes
If you are willing to do programs, will you charge a fee? Yes
Briar Cliff University
Sioux City, IA 51104
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 712-279-1655
Books By This Author
- Rootbound, New Rivers Press, Minneapolis, MN, 1998
- Baseball Nights and DDT, Pecan Grove Press, San Antonio, TX, 2005
- The Glove of the World, Backwaters Press, Omaha, NE, 2006