Day, Darrel R.
Pen Name: Darrel Robert Day Jr
Comments from the author about writing: Writing for me is two-ply. It is a means to put in writing the imagination that I was gifted with. Writing is also extremely therapeutic. I use my writing to release inner thoughts and bring to life the beauty, ugliness, happiness and sadness that is too often a part of everyday life. A brother that was blind... his hand on my shoulder at 7 years old, I became his eyes and he, became my teacher. Describing the world around him in living color gave me the knowledge and experience to write with great description. My wife of 24 years, Sheila was stricken with Muscular Dystrophy 1 year into our marriage. Wheel chair bound for half our marriage, hospitals becoming more familiar than our own home, she taught me to write with a love and caring and "quitting is never an option" mind. The process of writing is the transfer of my soul onto paper.
Book Types: Fiction
Audience Types: Adult
Genre: Realistic Fiction, Romance Fiction, Science Fiction
Are you willing to do programs for schools, libraries, or other groups? Yes
If you are willing to do programs, will you charge a fee? Yes, negotiable
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Books By This Author
- Short-order Thrillers: Stories to Chew On, Kindle Editions, Amazon Digital Services, 2013.
- Stolen Years: A True Story of Domestic Abuse and Survival, Kindle Editions, Amazon Digital Services, 2013.
- Abduction, Kindle Editions, Amazon Digital Services, 2013.
- Into the Abyss, CreateSpace, North Charleston, South Carolina, 2012.
- Ice Changers, Kindle Editions, Amazon Digital Services, 2011.
- Penance, Kindle Editions, 2011.
- Four Short Stories of Suspense, CreateSpace, North Charleston, South Carolina, 2011.
- Until Death Do We Meet, PublishAmerica, Frederick, Maryland, 2006.