Comments from the author about writing: I have devoted my life to the study and practice of artful nonfiction--in its many forms. My early books are aimed at writers. My most recent work looks at the life of Virginia Woolf through the lens of her diary--and the many diaries she read--and I am currently doing the research to write a popular book about a real Iowa murder/suicide mystery.
Book Types: Nonfiction
Audience Types: Adult
Genre: Biography, Essays, History, Mystery, Artful nature, Science, Travel writing, Literary Journalism
Are you willing to do programs for schools, libraries, or other groups? Yes
If you are willing to do programs, will you charge a fee? Yes, $50 plus $.40 per mile. For a long list of available talks,
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: 2120 Tremont
Cedar Falls, IA 50613-3939
Author's Web site: https://sites.google.com/site/barbaralounsberrytalks
County: Black Hawk
Books By This Author
- Becoming Virginia Woolf: Her Early Diaries and the Diaries She Read. University Press of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 2014.
- The Tales We Tell: Perspectives on the Short Story. Co-editor Susan Lohafer, Stephen Pett. Greenwood Press, Westport, CT., 1998.
- Writing Creative Nonfiction: The Literature of Reality. Co-editor Gay Talese. HarperCollins, New York, 1996.
- The Writer in You. HarperCollins, New York, 1992.
- The Art of Fact: Contemporary Artists of Nonfiction. Greenwood Press, Westport, CT., 1990.
- Politics is Murder: An Iowa Mystery. (Each chapter written by a different Iowa author.) KUNI/KHKE, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, 2000.
- 16,000 Suspects: A Ragbrai Myetery. (Each chapter written by a different Iowa author.) KUNI/KHKE, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, 1999.
- Time & Chance: An Iowa Murder Mystery. (Each chapter written by a different Iowa author.) KUNI/KHKE, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, 1998.