Comments from the author about writing:
My career as an author is taking me on a wonderful and unexpected journey. It may sound funny but my approach to my knitting books and my law book (to be published in 2009) were very similar -- provide readers with solid, practical advice in a fun and conversational manner while encouraging service to others.
Literary awards received and date received:
- 2007 "Knitting With Gigi" Learn to Knit Kit - NAPPA Honors Award from National Parenting Publications
- 2008 "Knitting With Gigi" - Silver Medal Winner in Independent Book Publisher Awards (Juvenile-Teen-Y/A Non-Fiction Category)
- 2008 "Gigi Knits ... and Purls" - Gold Medal Winner in Moonbeam Children's Book Awards (Activity Book Category)
Book Types: Nonfiction
Audience Types: Children, Adult
Genres: Activity/Arts & Crafts (Gigi books); Legal (New Lawyer's Handbook)
Are you willing to do programs for schools, libraries, or other groups? Yes
Author Web site URL: www.gigiknits.com
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Books By This Author
- Knitting With Gigi, Martingale & Co., Washington, 2007
- Gigi Knits ... and Purls, Martingale & Co., Washington, 2008
- The New Lawyer's Handbook: 101 Things They Don't Teach You in Law School, Sphinx Pub., Naperville, 2009.