Millard, Joseph (Joe Millard)
Pen Name: Joe Millard
Comments from the author about writing: After forty years as an Iowa educator I returned to my first interest; that of writing which was encouraged by my elementary and high school teachers. I write story stories, memoirs and poetry. I write memoirs to reveal a personal view of history that is not found in history textbooks, and to encourage others to write their family stories. I write poetry because of my interest in words, and to encourage others to write poetry. The Quiet Journey is a collection of memoirs describing my life in Iowa during the second half of the twentieth century. Seeing Though Gray Colored Lens is a collection of poems about the every changing color of the world. Where Did All the Cowboys Go?, gives a first-person account of what life was like growing up in rural Iowa in the 1940s.
Literary awards received and date received:
- The Iowa Poetry Association honored me with the Norman Thomas Memorial Award in 2004 in Lyrical Iowa for my poem, "An Iowa Symphony."
Book Types: Nonfiction, Poetry Collection
Audience Types: Young Adult, Adult
Genres: Memoirs, Poetry
Are you willing to do programs for schools, libraries, or other groups? Yes
If you are willing to do programs, will you charge a fee? No
1760 SE Birchwood Circle
Waukee, IA 50263
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: (515) 987-8139
Books By This Author
- Savor the Seasons, iUniverse, Lincoln, NE, 2013.
- Where Did All the Cowboys Go? iUniverse, Lincoln, NE, 2011.
- The Quiet Journey, iUniverse, Lincoln, NE, 2007.
- Seeing Through Gray Colored Lens, Trafford Publishing, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, 2003