Comments from the author about writing:
My interest area is Iowa history with special emphasis on the last three decades of the 19th century. My work often centers around photography and images made in Iowa during this time period. I have special interests and knowledge concerning stereographs that were made by Iowa photographers.
Literary awards received and date received:
- NSA Award for Best Stereo World article on Historical Stereoscopy (2000)
Book Types: Nonfiction
Audience Types: Adult
Are you willing to do programs for schools, libraries, or other groups? Yes
If you are willing to do programs, will you charge a fee? NoMailing Address:
832 West Side Drive
Iowa City, IA 52246
E-mail Address: Lhujpc@aol.com
Phone Number: 319-354-9356
Books By This Author
Grant Wood: Abandoned Plans. Brushy Creek Publishing, Iowa City, Iowa 2012.
- Vinnie Ream and the Statue of Samuel Kirkwood. Brushy Creek Publishing, Iowa City, Iowa, 2011.
- The Last Decade of a Country School. Brushy Creek Publishing, Iowa City, Iowa, 2010.
- The James Harlan and Robert Todd Lincoln Families' Mount Pleasant Memories. Brushy Creek Pub., Iowa City, Iowa, 2008.
- Grant Wood's Clear Lake Summer. Self - Grant From John K. and Luise V. Hanson Foundation, Iowa City, Iowa, 2007.
Clear Lake: The Earliest Images. Self - Grant from John K. and Luise V. Hanson Foundation, Iowa City, Iowa, 2006.
- Iowa Stereographs; Three-Dimensional Visions of the Past. Mary Bennett & Paul C. Juhl, University of Iowa Press, Iowa City, Iowa, 1997.