Comments from the author about writing:
I love creating characters, then turning them loose and watching to see what they do.
Literary awards received and date received:
- New York City Public Library's Books for the Teen Age, 2008, 1998, 1997.
- Honorable Mention, 2005 Outstanding Books Award, Gustavus Myers Center for the Study of Bigotry and Human Rights.
- Mark Twain Award, Missouri, 2002
- Sequoyah Children's Book Award, Oklahoma, 2002
- Washington State Sasquatch Reading Award, 2002
- South Carolina Junior Book Award, 2002
- West Virginia Book Award, 2002
- NJ State Library Pick of the Decade 1995-2005, 4th grade list
- American Booksellers Association Pick of the Lists, 1995
- International Reading Association Young Adult Choice winner, 1993.
- International Reading Association-Children's Book Council Children's Choice winner, 1994.
- Ethical Cultural Book Award, 1988.
- ALA Recommended Book for the Reluctant Reader, 1988.
Book Types: Fiction
Audience Types: Children
Genres: Historical Fiction, Mystery, Realistic Fiction
Are you willing to do programs for schools, libraries, or other groups? Yes
If you are willing to do programs, will you charge a fee? Yes
Author Web site URL: http://www.carolgorman.com
3601 Skylark Lane SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 319/363-7850
Books By This Author
- Games: A Tale of Two Bullies, HarperCollins Children's Books, New York, 2007
- Stumptown Kid, Peachtree Publishers, Atlanta, 2005
- A Midsummer Night's Dork, HarperCollins Children's Books, New York, 2004
- Chelsey and the Green-Haired Kid, Perfection Learning, Des Moines, 2003
- Dork on the Run, HarperCollins Children's Books, New York, 2002
- Dork in Disguise, HarperCollins Children's Books, New York, 1999
- Lizard Flanagan, Supermodel?, HarperCollins Children's Book, New York, 1998
- The Miraculous Makeover of Lizard Flanagan, HarperCollins Children's Books, New York, 1994