The purpose of this project is to encourage libraries that have
never held an All Iowa Reads discussion to hold one in 2006.
- The project is open to any public or school library
that has not held an All Iowa Reads book discussion previously.
- Each All Iowa Reads committee member will work with
at least one library so a minimum of nine libraries can be part
of this project. This will include help with initial
planning, being available to be a co-leader of the discussion,
and answering any questions that occur in preparing for the
discussion. The public or school library must designate
a staff member to be co-leader of the discussion.
- To indicate interest in the project send an email
to the Coordinator of the Iowa Center for the Book.
Include name and address of the library, name of the person who
will be in charge of the project, telephone number and email
address of that person, a month that you would like to schedule
the discussion if possible, and one or two sentences explaining
why your institution would like to be part of the
- Requests will be considered as they are submitted.
- Borrow the tape of the All
Iowa Reads ICN session that was held in January 2006.
The tape is available from the State Library by calling
1-800-248-4483; 515-281-4102; or contacting Rinda Kramme.
- The public library staff participating in this
program can apply for one hour of continuing education credit.