The All Iowa Reads committee is comprised of 10 members. Eight represent expertise from public libraries, academic libraries, a publisher or bookstore, a state government agency other than the State Library, and the State Library Commission. One of these must also be a member of the Iowa Center for the Book Advisory Council. All are appointed by the State Librarian of Iowa for two-year terms that are renewable and begin in January of the appointment year. Two permanent members are the Iowa Center for the Book Coordinator and the State Library Communications Specialist.
Members with terms ending 2017
- Marvin Bergman. Editor, The Annals of Iowa, State Historical Society of Iowa/Department of Cultural Affairs/Advisory Council
- Susan Craig. Co-Chair, Director, Iowa City Public Library/Advisory Council
- Nancy Simpson. Representing Publishers or Bookstores
Members with terms ending 2018
- Emily Bainter. Communications & Information Specialist, Iowa Library Services/State Library
- Helen Dagley. Coordinator, Iowa Center for the Book, Iowa Library Services/State Library